Completed Vogue Pattern V8827

20130608-133021.jpg

20130608-133113.jpg

Finished this dress late Thursday night to wear to my company’s closing luncheon. Had many compliments during the luncheon.

Had a few issues with the pattern along the way. Got confused in the section where you attach the collar to the neckline/yoke and attached too much of the sides of the dress, making it uncomfortable to wear. The line drawings for this section are really complicated. The fabric I used is a georgette which is thin and lightweight for summer but snags very easily, especially when removing stitches, which I had to do a lot. The sleeves that go with the pattern are gathered at the top and I had trouble distributing the gathers evenly, so I cut out new sleeves from another pattern. Since the dress is a wrap dress the belt helps but the material shifts and unwraps during movement. I used a safety pin slightly hidden under the belt to secure the dress closed. Overall very happy with the dress and can’t wait to wear it again!

Part 2 Prep for Vogue Pattern V8827

Got the fabric washed and dried while taking cover from the torrential rainstorms this evening. Take a look at these pattern pieces! Super long! Like I mentioned in a post a couple days ago, these are the longest I’ve ever cut. Now time to start sewing…

20130601-222616.jpg

Prep for Vogue Pattern V1169

Postponed working on V8827 until after I wash the fabric. Pulled out the pattern pieces for V1169 that I had cut a few weeks ago from the pattern paper. This pattern has 23 pieces to make the jacket. I think that’s the most I’ve ever cut out for a project. It took some time, but here’s what the 23 pieces look like pinned to the fabric.

20130601-000825.jpg

20130601-000849.jpg