Dress Change-Up

20131003-175710.jpg

20131003-175735.jpg

So I made a dress a couple years ago out of a silk blue and white houndstooth. I love the fabric and while the fit looks great on the dress form, it didn’t look as great as I’d like on me.

Only having the fabric of the dress to work with, I decided to change it to a top. The sleeves were always uncomfortable due to other fit issues with the dress that I’ll fix next time I make the pattern. I removed the sleeves so I could wear the new top with and without a cardigan.

For ease of wearing I removed the original waistband and the zipper at the side. I added an elastic waistband and slits at sides for ease in wearing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s