Fabric Challenge #2 Complete

Back in September I bought some fabric remnants from 1154 Lill that were 17.5 x 17.5″. I bought four squares of the plain black and four squares of the black and white birds.

20140209-162339.jpg
I wanted to use only those squares of fabric to make something. I made some sketches of what I could potentially do with the fabric. Once I started to lay out the fabric with pattern pieces, I found out the 17.5″ was not long enough for a panel for a shirt, but would be long enough for a bodice for a dress. I was really interested in having a collar look so I figured out a way to add a collar to the straps. For the outside of the dress I only used the squares of fabric but I did use some black silk I already had to line the bodice. I think I spent about $11 on materials.

20140209-165553.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s