With the remaining 2 lime green squares and 3 lime green with black squares, I was hoping to make a blazer. I had sketched some options but when I placed some of the pattern pieces on the fabric, I didn’t have enough to work with.
I decided to make my old standby instead, a fitted bodice with a pleated skirt. I had sewn 2 thin straps in the lime green woven fabric but after spending two hours trying to flip the strap inside out to hide the raw edges, I gave up. I found in my supplies lime green elastic headbands that I no longer used. The color was close enough, so I decided to use those for straps. That uses up the last of the square scraps I purchased from 1154 Lill.
Here’s a preview of what I’m working on next….