Dress – McCall’s M7115

This is a later post of dress I completed on March 19. (Which means I am still on track of my 2017 Goal of completing one garment per month!!).

M7115_dress_sketch

I used the McCall’s Pattern M7115. I considered sewing a romper but decided I would try the pattern out first before I did that. Instead of having buttons in the front I decided to do a zipper. I think I saw a similar dress construction at Express and liked the look.

M7115_dress_front_back

The pattern doesn’t call for elastic at the waist but I needed something to cinch the waist more. I added that at the end.

The most frustrating part about this whole process was taking the photos of the dress at the end. The fabric doesn’t have any stretch and I was unable to get the waist over the shoulders of my dress form. Which meant I needed to model the dress. Unfortunately the first 200 photos using the continuous mode on my self-timer turned out blurry. After trying a number of settings and different days with different lighting, I finally got two photos that are in decent focus which are shown above. (Hence why it took me two weeks to post this. đŸ™‚ )

M7115_dress_blurry

Above are two of the better outtakes. đŸ™‚

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s